LEGO Universe received mixed reviews upon it’s release in October of last year. Perhaps in an effort to bring in more players, LEGO Universe has opened a free-to-play zone as of today.
The free-to-play zone includes two adventure areas, access to other players’ properties as well as a virtual area to build for the player to build their own LEGO models.
Check out the LEGO Universe Free-to-Play trailer:
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dpt7Ekf-IbNg img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/pt7Ekf-IbNg/0.jpg embed=false share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]
Also available with the free-to-play area:
• Custom build one LEGO hero
• Interact with in-game friends
• Collect up to 10,000 coins
• Earn Universe Score to level up
• Play through The Venture Explorer
• Play through Avant Gardens
• Join the Nexus Force
• Sample Faction Gear
• Play the Survival mini-game
• Claim the Avant Gardens Block Yard Property
• Fight the Spider Queen
• Place LEGO models you have collected
• Build LEGO models of your own
• Bring LEGO models to life
• Visit thousands of other players’ Properties
There is no limit in the free-to-play zone and players can participate as long as they’d like.
Free-to-play members can upgrade to full membership which includes the content from free-to-play as well as over fifteen adventure zones, more than five property worlds, exapnsions, LEGO Ninjago content, competitions and community events. Upgrading membership to gain full access costs $10 a month.