Thank you for your interest in being a part of The Game Fanatics family! We are a group of gamers with a passion for creating entertaining and informative content – together we cover all things geek culture.
For over 7 years, we at The Game Fanatics have striven to provide the best quality of media to our readers – we are an indie media outlet, that prides ourselves on excellent and top-notch reporting. We eat, sleep, and breathe games and maybe you do too.
You can find out more about us here.
Our site covers the whole spectrum of gaming, tech, and geek culture, so if you have a passion for all this madness, and are expressive with words and pictures (especially of the cute furry kitten variety), then here’s your chance to join us as we do our best to leave a mark on the gaming industry.
⇒Senior Features Editor
Responsible for maintaining feature assignments as well as the editorial content of the site. Provides leadership and guidance to features contributors. Maintains content calendar. Suggests and assigns editorial topics and articles to contributors and writers. Reports directly to the Editor in Chief.
⇒Senior News Editor
Responsible for guiding the news coverage and content output of the site. Must have deep grasp of the industry, and stay on top of breaking news. Manages the virtual newsroom, and assigns news stories to contributors and writers. Reports directly to the Editor in Chief.
⇒Senior Reviews Editor
Responsible for the timely posting of reviews on the site. Manages contributors and reviewers to ensure reviews fit the Game Fanatics guidelines and policies. Works with PR team to maintain relationships with content partners as well as publishers and developers. Reports directly to the Editor in Chief.
⇒Lead Tech Fanatic
Responsible for spearheading tech coverage and gadget reviews. Must have a passion for tech and gadgets. Assigns tech topics to contributors. Maintains calendar of upcoming tech for the purpose of assigning reviews. Experience planning gift guides and “best of” content a plus.
Responsible for covering the latest in eSports news and events. Works with the rest of the eSports team to keep the site updated. Must be interested in covering events and tournaments in person.
Responsible for the timely coverage of relevant gaming news. Works with the news team and Editor to ensure that breaking news content is published on the site in a timely fashion.
⇒Community/Social Media Manager
As our Community Manager, you will be be in charge of engaging with our social and online community by creating contests and giveaways, sharing our content, and coming up with ways to better engage with our readers. You must have experience managing a variety of social media accounts and be willing to learn new things. You will gain experience backed with tangible results as you help grow our Social Media and online presence.
⇒Editor At Large
You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Editor in Chief and the Editorial team to guide and craft our web content.
Why you want to be a Fanatic:
- As a Game Fanatic you are joining a budding but established, business-registered news outlet. The possibilities are endless. We know we’re not the big dogs so you’ll find more freedom in writing for us; which is good…right?!
- Gain experience under a respected name. Every year we go to industry events and rub elbows with the movers and shakers in the tech and gaming world. You name ‘em, we’ve met ‘em, and it’s humbling to hear them praise our site. Being a part of The Game Fanatics means that you’ll have tangible experience that you can put on a resume while growing your personal career in the industry as we grow as well.
- Free games and gadgets! It’s the motherload! You do get to keep the games and items you review.
- Press credentials to industry events. The Game Fanatics qualifies for press access to all industry events, and when we’re in…you’re in.
- Awesome environment! Seriously…what environment is better than the comfort of your own home? We do not have an office of sorts, everyone writes remotely and convenes via Slack. Technology ftw. Pants suck.
- Other things we can’t tell you ;).
What we look for in Fanatics:
- Love video games and be knowledgeable of the industry. Duh.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team. We can’t stress how important daily communication and activity is. We are a team: we talk every day, game every day, and if that doesn’t appeal to you then please don’t bother applying.
- Be able to contribute at least 5 times per week. If you can’t find the time each week to write up something, then the readers will never get to know you and everybody will be sad.
- Have some sample writing. We love writers who already have work for us to read. If you have a personal blog this is even better.
- Send us samples of articles on par with those you would expect to contribute to the site. When you send in your email saying how great you are, include at least two samples of your work; one being a news piece, one being a longer opinion piece. This lets us see how well your style gels with ours.
- Have a personality, but don’t be annoying. It’s a fine balance.
We’re looking for anyone who wants to get started in the field of gaming journalism and gain some experience for a possible professional career, or simply a passionate gamer who enjoys writing and hopes their work will get more widespread (and believe us, you work will definitely spread across the interwebs).
The Game Fanatics is a family, and we’re only as good as the sum of our members.
If you are interested please use the form below to contact us,
We know waiting to hear back sucks, and we try to reply to everyone who applies. If you don’t hear back within 2-3 days, don’t fret as emails sometimes get lost in the junk folder. We would advise including your Twitter username in your submission and following @TheGameFanatics so that we can DM you if we don’t hear back.
With the new God of War now out, we have decided to give a brief look at both Norse and Greek Mythology. Showing their differences.…
The history of God of War is one of anger, murder, and trends. With the new game now in the wild, let’s look back at Kratos’ past.…
Travis Touchdown wants to be left alone, but every time he tries to go the game keeps pulling him back in. This time quite literally.…
God of War: Ascension isn’t really talked about anymore. Was it franchise fatigue, or was there really nothing worth discussing?…
SXSW 2018 brought with it another great slate of films but which should you watch out for?…
Glory be to the Master Hand because Super Smash Bros. is coming to Switch. It was inevitable, so I took it upon myself to make the definitive list of …
A Way Out is fresh take on cooperative gameplay that will give players a great experience but not much of a challenge.…
It’s time to discover what amazing games are coming out this month.…
A lack of content has left many Sea of Thieves players disappointed. However, I think there are many ways to both make it a stronger product and get p…
During all the discussion surrounding Far Cry 5, one part that rarely gets a mention is the ending. And it’s dark harsh message.…
April is a good month for PS Plus Holders and Xbox Live Gold Members. Both platforms are stacked with some notable free games this month.…
Kirby Star Allies puts a cooperative take on the pink puffball’s adventures. New challenges and puzzles await.…
Far Cry 5 makes crucial and welcome changes to the series’ formula, but stumbles over itself when it tries being topical.…