Since the reveal of Elden Ring, more information about the game has surfaced and we’re just salivating over all the juicy details. Is it a return to old From Software or is Elden Ring continuing the trend of From Software branching out and trying new things? Look down below to find out what to expect from From Software’s latest action-rpg. The following reports come from a recent interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki.
- Elden Ring began development after production of Dark Souls 3 DLC wrapped.
- It is a “more classic fantasy title compared to others that were either being considered or already in the early stages of development. “
- Both Sekiro and Elden Ring were developed at the same time with co-directors sharing duties while Hidetaka Miyazaki took direction over “various game design, art, and musical aspects.”
- Differing from Sekiro, Elden Ring looks to recapture the magic from the Dark Souls series and pushing it even further. “This title will include a wide variety of weapons, magic, and ways to engage enemies, that make it possible to provide users with a style of gameplay and strategy that suits them. Even when compared to the Dark Souls series, I believe this title will provide even more variety in the ways for players to overcome challenges and tweak their tactics when facing enemies.”-states Hidetaka Miyazaki
- Elden Ring will provide players with the option of customizing their own characters so no fixed protagonist like Sekiro.
- Hidetaka Miyazaki is a big fan of George R.R. Martin’s work and their ongoing discussions led to Martin’s eventual concept for the mythos of Elden Ring. “This mythos proved to be full of interesting characters and drama along with a plethora of mystical and mysterious elements as well.”
- When asked what makes Elden Ring different from the Dark Souls games, Miyazaki said it’s open world features is what sets it apart. “I would have to say the biggest difference is it being open world. Due to this, the scale of the world and its narrative, as well as the depth and freedom of exploration have increased dramatically. It is without a doubt our biggest title yet in terms of sheer volume.”
- The title of the game, Elden Ring, refers to “a name given to a mysterious concept that defines the world itself.”
- Elden Ring is confirmed to have horrifying bosses and intense encounters just as we should expect from From Software.
That was a whole lot of information. Are you even more excited for Elden Ring? Leave your thoughts down below and keep it locked right here for more E3 2019 coverage and more on Elden Ring.