When it comes to sound quality, absolutely no one can compete with Turtle Beach. And when it comes to First-Person Shooters, no one has been able to topple the giant that is the Call of Duty franchise from Infinity Ward. Today it was announced that these two industry giants will be joining forces, in a sense. Turtle Beach will be releasing four headsets all branded with the Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 logo, and will be among the top echelon offered from Turtle Beach. Sadly enough Turtle Beach has decided to withhold specifications of each of the headsets. Instead what they’re doing is releasing information on a day by day basis, for each of the headsets which for me is a bit infuriating, seeing how I love technology and reading over specifications for new hardware. They’ve even went as far as to let you hover over each of the headsets, and see a small sneak peak of the specifications. If there were ever a need for a time machine now would be that time. I mean it’s not like I’m going to go back in time and invent Facebook and Google…Anyway, references aside. Turtle Beach has given us some details regarding when more information will be available on the headsets.
The small chart below shows the dates when new information will be available.
Fans of Turtle Beach and MW3 will find updated information daily at 1:00 PM PT. Please see below for the schedule of updates:
- Tuesday Aug 9 –Ear Force FOXTROT
- Wednesday Aug 10 –Ear Force CHARLIE
- Thursday Aug 11 –Ear Force BRAVO
- Friday Aug 12 –Ear Force DELTA
Turtle Beach was also kind enough to give a quick rundown of all the features the headsets will have. Although I would’ve prefer a full breakdown of each of them to quench my tech hungry appetite I suppose a snack is better than nothing.
These truly Limited Editions Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 headsets will deliver enhanced experiences for the year’s most anticipated entertainment launch. An example of the information fans will find updated throughout the week will include:
- The Ear Force DELTA headset ships with custom voice prompts by Lt. Col. Hank Keirsey (ret.). Army Ranger, master parachutist and decorated combat veteran, Keirsey served 24 years with the US Army and now serves as the principal military advisor for Call of Duty®. It’s his voice that will lead you into battle, and inform you on your preset choices in the field.
- The Ear Force DELTA and Ear Force BRAVO wireless models feature Turtle Beach’s proprietary DSP headset technology that elevates these headsets beyond mere accessories with the inclusion of custom-designed presets. These settings are specific to Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 and come stored in the headsets right out of the box. Developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer, these presets are tailored to Modern Warfare 3 gameplay, so by utilizing these presets, DELTA and BRAVO owners will hear and experience Modern Warfare 3 the way the developers intended. No other headsets in the world can provide such a complete and immersive Modern Warfare® 3 experience.
- All of Turtle Beach’s Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 headsets feature special packaging. The wireless DELTA and BRAVO models come packed in rugged hard plastic field cases for transport and storage or to showcase and protect your headset. The stylized design ID will match the military theme of the headsets and it will serve as the perfect carrying case for your headset.
- Delivering additional value, each package will also include access to special DLC, provided exclusively for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 headsets owners. Specific details about the DLC will be released at a later date.
Pre-sale orders for the Turtle Beach Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 headsets are underway at many of Turtle Beach’s top retail partners’ online stores in the North America, Europe, Australia and elsewhere, including but not limited to: BestBuy.com, GameStop.com, Amazon.com, WalMart.com and others. For listings of additional retail.
For those of interested in the headsets you can visit this page here, where all the headsets are listed and where the information will become available in the coming days.