During Gamescom’s Opening Night Live presentation, Sony finally revealed their own version of the Elite/Pro controller. There have been a ton of third-party controllers to hit the market for the PS4 over the years and it’s good to see PlayStation making the investment in their own hardware. At first glance, the DualSense Edge looks very similar to the original PlayStation 5 controller. There are a few key changes that people who utilize the DualSense will notice and those are listed below.
- Ultra-customizable controls
- Ability to save multiple control profiles
- On-controller user interface (built-in function button to quickly swap between settings)
- Changeable stick caps and back buttons
- Replaceable stick modules (sold separately)
You can head over to the PlayStation Blog for more details on the controller. The most impressive feature that this controller has over the Xbox’s Elite Controller is the replaceable stick modules. This is a major failure point for many controllers. We have seen this in a couple of third-party PlayStation controllers but it is cool to see Sony taking notes.