Both Nvidia and AMD have announced new drivers for their line of video cards this past week. These new drivers add support for Watch Dogs 2, Dishonored 2, Dead Rising 4, and Steep. They also add fixes for a plethora of games; patch notes for those fixes are listed below.
With new drivers comes new issues. AMD has also included a list of known issues coming with their new driver. Nvidia has not announced whether there are known issues needing to be fixed.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.5 adds support for Watch Dogs 2. A new CrossFire profile was added for Dishonored 2. This new driver also fixed issues for The Division and Battlefield 1. In The Division AMD fixed an issue where the game world may flicker during game play when using AMD CrossFire technology. The Battlefield 1 fix also had to do with flickering.
These are the known issues that sill need to be fixed according to AMD:
- A few game titles may fail to launch, experience performance issues or crash if the third party application “Raptr” has its game overlay enabled. A workaround is to disable the overlay if this is experienced.
- AMD CrossFire technology mode is currently disabled for Windows®7 configurations with Dishonored™2
- Watch Dogs®2 may experience stuttering or a game crash when using AMD CrossFire technology mode with Dual Radeon RX 480s.
- DOOM™ may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan™ API on some Graphics Core Next products.
- DOTA™2 may experience a crash when launched using the Vulkan™ API on some Graphics Core Next products.
- Flickering may be experienced while playing Overwatch™ in the main menu or viewing character models using AMD CrossFire mode.
- FIFA 17™ may experience an application hang or black screen on launch for some select Hybrid Graphics or AMD PowerXpress mobile configurations.
- H.264 content may experience blocky corruption when streaming using P2P content players on some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products.
AMD’s Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.11.5 is out now for Windows 10, 8.1, and 7. It wil work for the following graphics cards:
|Radeon Desktop Product Family Compatibility|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 – HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series Graphics|
Not to be outdone, Nvidia announced their new GeForce Game Ready 376.09 WHQL driver, which is optimized for Watch Dogs 2, Dead Rising 4 and Steep it also introduces support for NVIDIA Ansel in War Thunder. Watch Dogs 2 is the main focus of this driver update.In total, Watch Dogs 2 features 20 graphics settings. Its graphical fidelity is bolstered through the addition of HBAO+, HFTS, PCSS, TXAA, and at a future date, Ansel. Additionally, gamers who play on GeForce GTX GPUs benefit from the inclusion of support for DSR, GameStream, GeForce Experience Share, SLI, and Surround.
These new Geforce Game Ready drivers will work for Nvidia’s news line of graphics cards including the 1060, 1070, and 1080.