Once that tweet was made, fans knew and today it has been confirmed on their website that Dragon Age 2 is official. The debut trailer will run on 08/17/2010 and I have to wonder if it will be as great as the trailers that were released for the first installment and will it be set to music from 30 Seconds to Mars or another band.
Preorders for the game on PC, Ps3 and XB360 will start July 8th! No word on a special edition as of yet.
The newest edition of GameInformer will have information on Dragon Age 2 and is sported on the cover.
From their website, information on the game:
“Experience the epic sequel to the 2009 Game of the Year from the critically acclaimed makers of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2. You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now.
- Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
- Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
- Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
- Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
- Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.”
With the new changes mention, I hope that they are for the better. Dragon Age is an outstanding game but with the release of several DLCs, many gamers wanted a fresh new game play or some type of change. Looke like Bioware has listened and for our sakes will make Dragon Age 2 better, not worse. If they do this and allow for great interactions between characters and a fantastic story, then we might have another RPG game of the year on our hands.
Just added a quote from Kotaku:
“Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age. Known to be a survivor of the Blight and the Champion of Kirkwall, the legend around Hawke’s rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor. Featuring an all-new story spanning 10 years, players will help tell that tale by making tough moral choices, gathering the deadliest of allies, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history. The way you play will write the story of how the world is changed forever.”
Looks like Dragon Age 2 will be a mix of Fable 2 and Mass Effect. They changed how you create your character from the first installment. There you can create your own class and origin story, along with your sex. Seems that Bioware wants more detail into the main hero of the tale and I trust they know what they are doing with these changes.