What’s going on gamers, fanatics, and junkies?! Welcome to the first ever Game Fanatics edition of “App of the Week Rundown With Kae.” You probably know me as the Uncharted guru of the pack, but alongside my obsession with Nathan Drake, lies an intense enthusiasm for [that’s right, you guessed it] mobile apps! Here in the App of the Week Rundown, it is my job to provide you with awesome, addicting applications that you can find on most handhelds including the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad. Let’s get started, shall we?
This week is all about a hidden gem I found on my travels through the endless pages of what we know as the App Store. Developed by Glow Play, “Run Run Dash!” has everything a true gamer could possibly love about an application. RRD! is an effortless dodge [left-to-right] game, with a retro arcade feel, an 8-bit melody, and graphics that are a blast from the past, resembling those pixelated images we grew up with.
It’s simple: press your thumb against the right side of the screen, and you run right; press to the left, and you run left; double tap, and that’s where you dash! Keep running and dashing to dodge the infinite amount of falling birds, in hopes of reaching your highest score! Along the way, you earn 3 different types of power ups:
1. Bomb – Blow up all the birds on screen, and you find yourself catching a break!
2. Shield/Umbrella – Snag one of these and it offers you a second chance at life! If you get hit, your shield disappears and you’re still in the game!
3. Slow Down – This slows down the speed of the falling birds, giving you more time to escape!
This game links up with Apple’s Game Center, saving your stats and comparing you with fellow players all over the world. RRD! offers many achievements that are fun to strive for, such as:
1. Desert Dasher – Earn 500 points in a single game
2. Ultra Marathoner – Dodge 26,000x birds all-time
3. Mary Poppins – Collect 250 umbrellas all-time
4. Au Natural – Don’t use any “extra help” (min. 500 points)
(and the list goes on)!
How long can you survive the onslaught? Go to the App Store and download “Run Run Dash!” FOR FREE to find out!
- 50+ Game Center™ achievements to attain
- Powerful power-ups help you survive
- Classic 8-bit graphics & hypnotic music
- Super-addictive gameplay action
- FREE Universal app for iPhone™, iPod™ & iPad™
Katerina’s AOTWR Rating: 5/5