AMD released today in their newsletter a preview for their upcoming CATALYST Driver Suite. Below is a brief description of what’s included in the new suite, along with links to their earlier updated Catalyst Driver Software and a preview link of what’s to come.
We posted a preview driver ahead of our regular WHQL schedule to give you a taste of what’s coming in the full blown release of AMD Catalyst™ 11.10 driver. As you know, Battlefield 3 is on our doorstep, and we wanted to make sure that all those fans who play the beta have the best possible experience – you guys might want to check out this preview release here.
Here’s what you can expect in the 11.10 preview:
- 11.10 improves performance by 10% in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series for single GPU configurations.
- It improves performanceup by 10% in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFireX™ configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series.
- Enables support for Eyefinity 5×1 display configurations
- User Interface enhancements have been implemented for AMD CrossFireX™ technology, GPU AMD Overdrive™ software, and Information Center pages.
Catalyst™ 11.9 highlights:
- Enables AMD HD3D technology support on DisplayPort panels, such as Samsung 750 and 950 series 3D displays.
- This release of AMD Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems
• RHEL 6.1 production support
You can download the 11.9 driver here.