It is that time again to present to you Fanatics the best vacation spots to spend your winter season at. If you’ve missed our Fall and Summer editions, be sure to check them out as well. There is always time for a getaway.
5. Hoth (Shadows of the Empire, Star Wars the Old Republic): Not a planet I would place on this list due to a personal rage against it, but we need to put all of that aside and enjoy what Hoth has to offer, besides the Wampas. The remote planet offers tons and tons of snow, perfect for a white winter holiday! Take part in an AT-AT tour around the area to find your perfect spot to create a snowman or twenty.
4. Mt. Girabaldi (SSX Tricky): Feel like some excitement this winter season? Grab your snowboards and head to Canada to tackle Mt. Girabaldi. Sure, if you’ve never snowboarded before, this might be a problem, but who cares, you’re having fun, right? Be careful not to take a wrong turn, the SkiFree course isn’t too far away and we wouldn’t want to get anyone eaten.
3. Spring Valley (Christmas NiGHTS/NiGHTS into Dreams): Take to the skies with NiGHTS as your guide over the serene city of Spring Valley. Check out all the wondrous decorations and their massive Christmas tree. Just make sure you set your alarm clock.
2. Ice Cap Zone (Sonic 3, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Adventure and DX): Caverns filled with ice crystals that glisten with all colors of the spectrum, the Ice Cap Zone will keep you running faster than the light of sound. If snowboarding isn’t your thing, you can always race in the White Grand Prix on this floating island.
1. Snowpeak Ruins (Zelda Twilight Princess): Take a rest in the grand mansion located at the Snowpeak Ruins. Have a nice sit by the fire with some hot coco in this mysterious place. Take a look around the dungeon and caves to satisfy your adventurous side. Just be mindful of the Yetis.