The lethal combo, SteelSeries and GUNNAR Optiks, have just announced a new line of eyewear with competitive gamers in mind. The SteelSeries Desmo features GUNNAR’s pattened i-AMP technology and dramatically reduces eye fatigue while improving visual efficiency. The Desmo also features a very unique semi-rimless design which minimizes peripheral distractions and provides the wearer with a broad visual field.
Just like the SteelSeries Scope, the Desmo is incredibly lightweight and flexible, and it is designed with comfort in mind. The sleek glasses will come in two colors: the Desmo Onyx and Desmo Snow (limited edition).
“We’ve been collaborating with the GUNNAR Optiks team in marketing and events for more than two years now, including the launch of our first co-branded eyewear model, the SteelSeries Scope,” said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO. “When we started on this new design, it was important that it was more than just lightweight and comfortable, but that the lens shape, frame style and temples were chosen and perfected in order to impact and improve the way players saw their game. We believe we’ve achieved that goal with the Desmo and are excited for players to try it out.”
- Tint: Specially formulated tint conditions and shifts the color spectrum to provide superior contrast, detail and resolution.
- Wrap/Shape: Features a highly wrapped, curved lens shape limiting air flow and maintaining moisture near the eyes, while providing a slight focusing power to help ease eye fatigue and enhancing detail for sharper, clearer vision.
- Material: A proprietary lens material that is optically pure, insuring the clearest image by eliminating distortion, impurities and haze.
- Coatings: An anti-reflective coating that reduces glare and other distractions caused by reflective light.
- 20/20 or Rx: Out of the box ready for 20/20 vision or used with corrective contact lenses, and also prescription compatible in partnership with Carl Zeiss Vision with optional coverage by VSP Insurance. Visit www.gunnars.com/rx for more information.
[box_dark]BlizzCon attendees will get an exclusive first look to try out the style and experience the product on October 21st and 22nd in Anaheim, CA. Fans at home can check out pictures of the event and of the glasses in action at the SteelSeries booth at both SteelSeries’ and GUNNAR’s Facebook pages – www.facebook.com/SteelSeries and www.facebook.com/GUNNAROptiks. [/box_dark]