If you’re into retro reboots, then what I’m about to tell you might just tickle your fancy. Originally for the Commodore 64; Apple // series; and Atari 400/800, Spy vs Spy was a breakout hit “back in the day,” and has now been digitally remastered for all Apple devices! Sticking true to its original form, this Spy vs Spy reboot brings the bombs, the brawls, and the black and white MAD magazine spies to the present day so you don’t have to feel nostalgic any longer!
Developed by Robot and Pencils Inc. the Spy vs. Spy reboot has received a slight makeover, while keeping the core objective of the game the same: escape the embassy with the top secret briefcase in hand; assemble and disassemble traps to beat your opponent and be the spy who comes out on top. So how exactly has Spy vs Spy transformed? It’s more “advanced-technology-friendly” of course!
Spy vs Spy takes full advantage of newer technologies by showing off it’s beautiful retina graphics. What’s even better, is that you can also play in “retro mode” which brings a classic 8-bit, old-school feel to your device!
There’s also an online multiplayer mode where you can compete against other players! Since Spy vs Spy links up with The Game Center, you can play against Game Center friends and make a name for yourself on the leaderboards!
You’ll also find yourself trapped in 16 new embassies; don’t worry though, the original 8 are still included! You can also customize your matches allowing you to choose your difficulty and the IQ of your opponent. Try to achieve a perfect score and escape the embassy before time runs out. Earn achievements from The Game Center and remember:
“If you don’t succeed at first…spy, spy again.” –Alfred E. Neuman
Spy vs Spy can be found in the iTunes App Store currently on sale for $0.99 in celebration of the release; once the sale is over, it will be available for $1.99! Check out the trailer below:
- Online + Local Multiplayer Support – sabotage and intrigue included.
- 16 Brand New Embassies – for a total of 24.
- Play alone in Custom Matches for all 24 embassies, each with 5 levels of difficulty – you select the IQ of the opposing spy.
- Retina graphics for the new iPad and iPhone.
- New, full screen club-to-club Combat in Modern mode.
- Modern & Retro game modes – both featuring Simulvision™, Simulplay™ and your very own Trapulator™.
- 5 types of Booby-Traps – play as the famous Black and White spies from MAD Magazine.
- Integrated Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements.
- Includes the original theme music plus 4 new remixes.
- Universal app – play on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch