In an announcement that surprises nobody, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be releasing this summer.
Showcasing a combination of the franchise’s charm, along with respect for its source material, the debut trailer is a shot-for-shot parody of the original Force Awakens teaser trailer. Fans of the Lego Star Wars humor will undoubtedly be pleased and I imagine that the gameplay will stay relatively unchanged. I say imagine because there wasn’t any gameplay clips throughout the trailer; it was purely cutscenes.
One of the key question marks leading up to the game’s summer release will be figuring out how developer TT Games will stretch one movie into a fully-fledged game. Past Lego Star Wars titles have enjoyed a trilogy’s worth of material. That’s not the case this time around, though Force Awakens packed as much as it possibly could in its theatrical release.
The game will be all-new content in the form of events that take place between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens. This could help add some much needed depth to the game. Again, Force Awakens had a lot going on, but the Lego Star Wars games have always had plenty of bang for their buck. Hopefully this one will continue the trend; it would be a shame to see the franchise cash in on the runaway success of the film.
Publisher Warner Bros. announced that the game will release on June 28th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo 3DS and PC. So, you know, virtually every system that currently exists. Expect to hear more about the game in the near future, perhaps at PAX East this April?
Here’s the full scoop from the game’s YouTube trailer description:
LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ marks the triumphant return of the No. 1 LEGO videogame franchise and immerses fans in the new Star Wars adventure like never before. Players can relive the epic action from the blockbuster film in a way that only LEGO can offer, featuring all of the storylines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, retold through the clever and witty LEGO lens. The game will also feature exclusive playable content that takes players on adventures between Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, providing additional insight about the new movie and its characters.
• Relive the Blockbuster Action – Blast off into a new and improved LEGO Star Wars experience that takes fans deeper into the new film than any other game, retold through the clever and witty LEGO lens.
• Exclusive New Story Levels – Experience untold adventures set before Star Wars: The Force Awakens through exclusive new story levels that takes place between Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and the new film.
• Variety of Characters, Vehicles & Locations – Play as all of the heroic characters from the movie, including Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO, and BB-8, as well as Kylo Ren, General Hux and Captain Phasma, while exploring iconic Star Wars locales, such as Jakku and the Starkiller Base, and utilizing a multitude of vehicles along the way.
• Build… and Rebuild – Through the enhanced “Multi-Builds” system, players must choose from multiple building options – to puzzle solve, or just for fun – all advancing the game in different ways.
• Experience the Galaxy Like Never Before – Experience the thrill of high-speed, action-packed flight gameplay like never before, including arena-based battles and dogfights in space.
• Exciting New Blaster Battles – Use your surroundings as cover during intense blaster battles and drive back the relentless First Order.
• More “I” in A.I. – Enemy fighters can now build using LEGO bricks to support their fellow Stormtroopers, calling in air support, reinforcements or heavy artillery – taking the fight to the Resistance with the power of LEGO!
Learn more about LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™:
Visit Website —
Like on Facebook — http://www.facebook.com/LEGOStarWarsGame
Follow on Twitter — http://www.twitter.com/LSWGame (@LSWGame)
Subscribe on YouTube — http://www.youtube.com/LEGOStarWarsGame