Video Game PR and publishing have always fascinated me ever since I was a kid. In today’s episode, Josh and I have a chat with Ubisoft’s Senior PR Manager, Stone Chin, about tips for getting into the gaming PR industry, the importance of being nice, and the issue of diversity and representation in gaming and entertainment as a whole.
From a degree in Journalism, to a career as a PR professional for video games at one of the biggest gaming companies in the world, Stone crafted a path for himself that I’m sure many aspiring hopefuls could learn from; I know I sure did.
One of the first things we talk about though is in fact not PR-related, as we’ve all been playing The Division…so we compare notes, and chat a bit about our experiences. We recorded this episode last week, so it was before the Incursion update, which I’m sure Josh and I will talk about in next week’s episode.
Stone talked about the importance of internships and informal interviews for those looking to get into the field, and as basic as it may sound, the importance of just being a nice human being.
Later in the episode I reveal the top 3 characters I’ll cosplay as, and Stone challenges me to a du-du-du-duel (of sorts).
Listen to Getting a Job in Gaming PR, Diversity & Inclusion, and More With Ubisoft’s Stone Chin – TGF Podcast Ep 008
- Subscribe and Rate Us on iTunes: http://bit.ly/tgfitunes
- Stream our podcasts on Google Play Music: http://bit.ly/tgfpodcast-gplay
- Listen to us on Pocket Casts: http://pca.st/CYnN
- Listen to us on Stitcher: http://bit.ly/tgfstitcher
- Check out the Game Fanatics shirts on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1TdljMp
- Follow TGF Podcast on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tgfpodcast
If you’d like to be on the show, or weigh in with your own opinion, send us an email at email@example.com, or you can tweet us directly.