Thank you for your interest in being a part of The Game Fanatics family! We are a group of gamers with a passion for creating entertaining and informative content – together we cover all things geek culture.
For over 7 years, we at The Game Fanatics have striven to provide the best quality of media to our readers – we are an indie media outlet, that prides ourselves on excellent and top-notch reporting. We eat, sleep, and breathe games and maybe you do too.
You can find out more about us here.
Our site covers the whole spectrum of gaming, tech, and geek culture, so if you have a passion for all this madness, and are expressive with words and pictures (especially of the cute furry kitten variety), then here’s your chance to join us as we do our best to leave a mark on the gaming industry.
⇒Senior Features Editor
Responsible for maintaining feature assignments as well as the editorial content of the site. Provides leadership and guidance to features contributors. Maintains content calendar. Suggests and assigns editorial topics and articles to contributors and writers. Reports directly to the Editor in Chief.
⇒Senior News Editor
Responsible for guiding the news coverage and content output of the site. Must have deep grasp of the industry, and stay on top of breaking news. Manages the virtual newsroom, and assigns news stories to contributors and writers. Reports directly to the Editor in Chief.
⇒Senior Reviews Editor
Responsible for the timely posting of reviews on the site. Manages contributors and reviewers to ensure reviews fit the Game Fanatics guidelines and policies. Works with PR team to maintain relationships with content partners as well as publishers and developers. Reports directly to the Editor in Chief.
⇒Lead Tech Fanatic
Responsible for spearheading tech coverage and gadget reviews. Must have a passion for tech and gadgets. Assigns tech topics to contributors. Maintains calendar of upcoming tech for the purpose of assigning reviews. Experience planning gift guides and “best of” content a plus.
Responsible for covering the latest in eSports news and events. Works with the rest of the eSports team to keep the site updated. Must be interested in covering events and tournaments in person.
Responsible for the timely coverage of relevant gaming news. Works with the news team and Editor to ensure that breaking news content is published on the site in a timely fashion.
⇒Community/Social Media Manager
As our Community Manager, you will be be in charge of engaging with our social and online community by creating contests and giveaways, sharing our content, and coming up with ways to better engage with our readers. You must have experience managing a variety of social media accounts and be willing to learn new things. You will gain experience backed with tangible results as you help grow our Social Media and online presence.
⇒Editor At Large
You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Editor in Chief and the Editorial team to guide and craft our web content.
Why you want to be a Fanatic:
- As a Game Fanatic you are joining a budding but established, business-registered news outlet. The possibilities are endless. We know we’re not the big dogs so you’ll find more freedom in writing for us; which is good…right?!
- Gain experience under a respected name. Every year we go to industry events and rub elbows with the movers and shakers in the tech and gaming world. You name ‘em, we’ve met ‘em, and it’s humbling to hear them praise our site. Being a part of The Game Fanatics means that you’ll have tangible experience that you can put on a resume while growing your personal career in the industry as we grow as well.
- Free games and gadgets! It’s the motherload! You do get to keep the games and items you review.
- Press credentials to industry events. The Game Fanatics qualifies for press access to all industry events, and when we’re in…you’re in.
- Awesome environment! Seriously…what environment is better than the comfort of your own home? We do not have an office of sorts, everyone writes remotely and convenes via Slack. Technology ftw. Pants suck.
- Other things we can’t tell you ;).
What we look for in Fanatics:
- Love video games and be knowledgeable of the industry. Duh.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team. We can’t stress how important daily communication and activity is. We are a team: we talk every day, game every day, and if that doesn’t appeal to you then please don’t bother applying.
- Be able to contribute at least 5 times per week. If you can’t find the time each week to write up something, then the readers will never get to know you and everybody will be sad.
- Have some sample writing. We love writers who already have work for us to read. If you have a personal blog this is even better.
- Send us samples of articles on par with those you would expect to contribute to the site. When you send in your email saying how great you are, include at least two samples of your work; one being a news piece, one being a longer opinion piece. This lets us see how well your style gels with ours.
- Have a personality, but don’t be annoying. It’s a fine balance.
We’re looking for anyone who wants to get started in the field of gaming journalism and gain some experience for a possible professional career, or simply a passionate gamer who enjoys writing and hopes their work will get more widespread (and believe us, you work will definitely spread across the interwebs).
The Game Fanatics is a family, and we’re only as good as the sum of our members.
If you are interested please use the form below to contact us,
We know waiting to hear back sucks, and we try to reply to everyone who applies. If you don’t hear back within 2-3 days, don’t fret as emails sometimes get lost in the junk folder. We would advise including your Twitter username in your submission and following @TheGameFanatics so that we can DM you if we don’t hear back.
Big changes are coming to Counter Logic Gaming.…
Steam review bombing is happening more and more lately, but what does that even mean? Perhaps ‘fake’ reviews aren’t even the real is…
Value or Validation; Why Write About Video Games? A Critical Exploration on Passion, Thought and Discovering Yourself.…
Find out why Gold and Silver have remained the indisputable champions of all Pokémon games since the year 2000.…
In short: mecha-Lassies, alternate reality propaganda cartoons, and Nazi killing are why I’m psyched for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.…
The declaration for No More Nazis has been declared in the latest Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus trailer…
Final Fantasy XV’s protagonist, Noctis, joins the Dissidia Final Fantasy NT roster…
Rockstar has something to announce about Red Dead Redemption 2 next week. And yes, we are hooked already.…
2.5D Metroid-vania like platformer Hidden Dragon Legend is out now for PS4, coming soon to PC…
Release timetable unveiled for Dynasty Warriors 9 alongside new trailer which puts the spotlight on the game’s new combat mechanic…
Square Enix has decided to relaunch the 32 bits classic for PlayStation 4. And guess what, it’s already available on the PlayStation Store.…
After a year-long build for their Doomsday Clock storyline, DC Comics has announced something special for the final piece before the clock strikes mid…
Metroid: Samus Returns has a lot of style and action, but its dedication to its own source material restricts it in key spots.…