Thank you for your interest in being a part of The Game Fanatics family! We are a group of gamers with a passion for creating entertaining and informative content – together we cover all things geek culture.
For over 7 years, we at The Game Fanatics have striven to provide the best quality of media to our readers – we are an indie media outlet, that prides ourselves on excellent and top-notch reporting. We eat, sleep, and breathe games and maybe you do too.
You can find out more about us here.
Our site covers the whole spectrum of gaming, tech, and geek culture, so if you have a passion for all this madness, and are expressive with words and pictures (especially of the cute furry kitten variety), then here’s your chance to join us as we do our best to leave a mark on the gaming industry.
⇒Senior Features Editor
Responsible for maintaining feature assignments as well as the editorial content of the site. Provides leadership and guidance to features contributors. Maintains content calendar. Suggests and assigns editorial topics and articles to contributors and writers. Reports directly to the Editor in Chief.
⇒Senior News Editor
Responsible for guiding the news coverage and content output of the site. Must have deep grasp of the industry, and stay on top of breaking news. Manages the virtual newsroom, and assigns news stories to contributors and writers. Reports directly to the Editor in Chief.
⇒Senior Reviews Editor
Responsible for the timely posting of reviews on the site. Manages contributors and reviewers to ensure reviews fit the Game Fanatics guidelines and policies. Works with PR team to maintain relationships with content partners as well as publishers and developers. Reports directly to the Editor in Chief.
⇒Lead Tech Fanatic
Responsible for spearheading tech coverage and gadget reviews. Must have a passion for tech and gadgets. Assigns tech topics to contributors. Maintains calendar of upcoming tech for the purpose of assigning reviews. Experience planning gift guides and “best of” content a plus.
Responsible for covering the latest in eSports news and events. Works with the rest of the eSports team to keep the site updated. Must be interested in covering events and tournaments in person.
Responsible for the timely coverage of relevant gaming news. Works with the news team and Editor to ensure that breaking news content is published on the site in a timely fashion.
⇒Community/Social Media Manager
As our Community Manager, you will be be in charge of engaging with our social and online community by creating contests and giveaways, sharing our content, and coming up with ways to better engage with our readers. You must have experience managing a variety of social media accounts and be willing to learn new things. You will gain experience backed with tangible results as you help grow our Social Media and online presence.
⇒Editor At Large
You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Editor in Chief and the Editorial team to guide and craft our web content.
Why you want to be a Fanatic:
- As a Game Fanatic you are joining a budding but established, business-registered news outlet. The possibilities are endless. We know we’re not the big dogs so you’ll find more freedom in writing for us; which is good…right?!
- Gain experience under a respected name. Every year we go to industry events and rub elbows with the movers and shakers in the tech and gaming world. You name ‘em, we’ve met ‘em, and it’s humbling to hear them praise our site. Being a part of The Game Fanatics means that you’ll have tangible experience that you can put on a resume while growing your personal career in the industry as we grow as well.
- Free games and gadgets! It’s the motherload! You do get to keep the games and items you review.
- Press credentials to industry events. The Game Fanatics qualifies for press access to all industry events, and when we’re in…you’re in.
- Awesome environment! Seriously…what environment is better than the comfort of your own home? We do not have an office of sorts, everyone writes remotely and convenes via Slack. Technology ftw. Pants suck.
- Other things we can’t tell you ;).
What we look for in Fanatics:
- Love video games and be knowledgeable of the industry. Duh.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team. We can’t stress how important daily communication and activity is. We are a team: we talk every day, game every day, and if that doesn’t appeal to you then please don’t bother applying.
- Be able to contribute at least 5 times per week. If you can’t find the time each week to write up something, then the readers will never get to know you and everybody will be sad.
- Have some sample writing. We love writers who already have work for us to read. If you have a personal blog this is even better.
- Send us samples of articles on par with those you would expect to contribute to the site. When you send in your email saying how great you are, include at least two samples of your work; one being a news piece, one being a longer opinion piece. This lets us see how well your style gels with ours.
- Have a personality, but don’t be annoying. It’s a fine balance.
We’re looking for anyone who wants to get started in the field of gaming journalism and gain some experience for a possible professional career, or simply a passionate gamer who enjoys writing and hopes their work will get more widespread (and believe us, you work will definitely spread across the interwebs).
The Game Fanatics is a family, and we’re only as good as the sum of our members.
If you are interested please use the form below to contact us,
We know waiting to hear back sucks, and we try to reply to everyone who applies. If you don’t hear back within 2-3 days, don’t fret as emails sometimes get lost in the junk folder. We would advise including your Twitter username in your submission and following @TheGameFanatics so that we can DM you if we don’t hear back.
Step into the Velvet Room in Persona 5 with an all new trailer!…
Chroma Squad is finally coming to console after two years on PC. Although some consoles will be left disappointed at this most recent announcement.…
Here’s our Gravity Rush 2 review – it’s overall a solid game. You’d clock in over 40 hours playing Gravity Rush 2, but the fli…
I wanted to approach as a realist and see just what we can expect from the Nintendo Switch, whether it’s good or bad. There’s a lot of hyperbole…
Check out the cast photo for Alien: Covenant in preparation of an all new teaser airing on FX February 22nd.…
Relive your childhood with two new Hot Wheels cars in Rocket League. Plus PlayStation 4 Pro support with 4K resolution is live!…
Budding real estate enthusiasts and interior decorators on Xbox One and PS4 can finally own and decorate homes in The Elder Scrolls Online.…
For Honor has an extremely engaging and dynamic combat system that feeds well into a fantasy campaign. Check out 20-minutes of footage here!…
Snap has begun selling their video capture Spectacles online. The sunglasses record 10 to 30 second video for your Snap.…
Primal Rage 2 is available in a playable form. We even have a video to prove it!…
Square Enix announced the newly formed Studio Istolia is working on a new RPG under the working title Project Prelude Rune.…
Disgaea 5 Complete is coming to the Nintendo Switch on May 23rd. It’ll bring along all available DLC from the PlayStation 4 release.…
If you’re a fan of the Halo Wars 2 soundtrack, then good news! You can pick up the actual soundtrack starting today!…
Compared to the Wii and Wii U launch, the Nintendo Switch will be coming out the gate with some obvious choices, and surprise contenders. Here is a qu…
Prepare for more war with Battlefield 1’s Frontlines mode.…
I wonder what happened last week in the world of games. Here’s what I found in this week’s In Case You Missed It!…