Kalypso Media has announced that their space-faring action-adventure title, DarkStar One, is now available on the Xbox LIVE Games on Demand service.
Play as space-hero Kayron Jarvis as you travel across the universe in your uniquely customizable ship, the DarkStar One, as you battle or negotiate with alien races to uncover the mystery behind the death of your father with fast-paced “in-the-cockpit” combat and a deep storyline with a nice amount of features:
- Freedom of choice — players can take a number of different paths and approaches to earn money and upgrades as they solve the mystery of the death of Kayron’s father. One may play as trader, mercenary, smuggler, pirate or a combination thereof, customizing tactics to suit individual playing styles.
- A fully customizable and upgradeable ship – the DarkStar One. Players can create a fast attack boat, heavy cruiser or other combined style of ship from parts purchased or captured from enemies.
- More than 200 weapons, shields and equipment upgrades — including rockets, torpedoes and mines, each featuring a special tactical or trade benefit.
- The “Spell Weapon” — the player will have a special weapon at his disposal that will have an area of effect similar to spells in role-playing games. This weapon will become increasingly powerful and versatile throughout the game.
- A vast universe — comprised of more than four hundred solar systems populated by six distinct races; alien races utilize unique equipment and weapons, which the player may capture or purchase and use to upgrade the DarkStar One.
- A huge variety of special missions – The action takes place in environments such as canyons, planetary surfaces and planetary interiors
- A powerful 3D graphics engine — ships, aliens, effects and environments are rendered in lush detail
All of this space-adventure epicness is available for just 1 easy payment of $19.99!
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DfXuS_EM_gt4 img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/fXuS_EM_gt4/0.jpg embed=true share=true width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]