There are so many different events and expos in the game industry that companies use to show off their new projects. Few however, are as notorious and followed so adamantly as Blizzcon. Blizzard Entertainment doesn’t like to share the limelight, so they host their own expo and show off all things Blizzard. Primarily, this means the latest happenings in the Warcraft (specifically World of Warcraft), Diablo, and StarCraft franchises.
What attendees get to see are the likes of:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
This year, at the Anaheim Convention Center, all the glory of Blizzcon returns during the early parts of November. Be quick on those tickets though, I hear they sell out in minutes, especially since the last BlizzCon happened in 2011, missing last year. Fans are bound to be salivating for the chance to get back in to this event.
Further details about BlizzCon 2013, including ticket availability and pricing, will be announced on the official BlizzCon website (www.blizzcon.com) and you might want to look into BlizzCon hotel website.