Episode 4 of The Game Fanatics Podcast centers around a discussion on the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
For the past 6 years, we’ve gotten a new Assassin’s Creed game every fall, and with Ubisoft’s announcement to take a year off, what could this mean for the franchise?
Here’s what we think:
- Great move
- Ball’s in Ubisoft’s court to blow us away
- Hopefully more dev time leads to a more polished, less glitchy game
- Always been a fan of the intricate detail in AC games, from the history to the outfits, to the locations and more. I can’t wait to see that first trailer.
- It means they’re learning from theirs and other’s mistakes, i.e. call of duty over saturation
- That only means that they really want to release a good product
- Too many companies only care about the bottom line so they release games before they’re ready
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate was runner up for our pick for Action Game of the Year last year. One of our Senior Editors, Myles, reviewed Syndicate and it earned an 8.1.
My wife and I had an interesting discussion about the game; we’ve played Assassin’s Creed games together since we started dating. We recorded one of our conversations about the game, and it’s included in this episode. Keep in mind, this was recorded last year. Hope you guys enjoy!
Listen to Assassin’s Creed Discussion – What’s Next For The Franchise? – TGF Podcast Ep 004
- Subscribe and Rate Us on iTunes: http://bit.ly/tgfitunes
- Listen to us on Google Play: (coming soon)
- Listen to us on Pocket Casts: http://pca.st/CYnN
- Listen to us on Stitcher: http://bit.ly/tgfstitcher
- Check out the Game Fanatics shirts on Amazon: http://amzn.to/1TdljMp
- Follow TGF Podcast on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tgfpodcast