If you’re in the market for a portable recording device, the Zoom H2N is definitely something you would want to take a look at. The device features not one, not two, but five studio quality microphones on board which will give you the ability to record in a multitude of situations. It also is capable of recording up to 20 hours of audio with 2 AA batteries and its 5 studio microphones. Below are some specifications of the device along with a small image gallery I managed to throw together. The device is currently available at Best Buy for a price tag of $199.99, which isn’t too bad of a deal considering the fact that it’s portable.
We’re trying to get our hands on one and when we do we’ll record an episode of the @GSpotPodcast for comparison purposes.
- Five built-in mic capsules provide Mid-Side (MS) stereo, 90° X/Y stereo, 2-channel and 4-channel recording modes
- Records in WAV up to 24-bit/96kHz and MP3 up to 320kbps
- Newly designed user interface
- Additional functions include Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Gain, Pre-Rec, Auto-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, Variable Speed Playback, Key Control, A-B Repeat, File Dividing, Normalize, MP3 Post-Encode, Marker and Surround Mixer
- Data recovery function protects against unexpected recording errors
- Over 20 hours of operation using two standard AA batteries
- Operates on battery, AC or USB bus power
- 1.8-inch backlit LCD display with 128 x 64 resolution
- Analog-type Mic Gain wheel
- Built-in reference speaker
- High-Speed USB 2.0 card reader function
- 1/8-inch Mic/Line Input and Phones/Line Output stereo phone jacks
- Accommodates up to 32GB SDHC memory cards
- Includes Steinberg WaveLab LE 7 editing software, 2GB SD memory card and two AA batteries
- Optional accessory package (APH-2n) includes remote control with extension cable, windscreen, AC adapter (USB type), USB cable, adjustable tripod stand, padded-shell case and a mic clip adapter.