There’s a new PC game on the market that gives players the familiarity of a first person shooter and the relaxation of light-catching arcade games. Instead of shooting other players or NPCs, you’re chasing bits of light like in Geometry Wars or Pacman.
According to a press release form earlier today:
Xotic differs from standard FPS games that have players running around, shooting up soldiers with mechanical guns. Enter Xotic: an exceptionally vibrant arcade-style FPS with unique chain-reaction gameplay and point multiplier mechanics that come together to form a remarkable hybrid. In Xotic players explore a unique bio-diverse environment while aiming to rack up millions of points and a spot at the top of the leaderboards. In addition, the game features incredible replay value as each level requires precision, strategy and practice to maximize the point-scoring potential. Like a great arcade shmup or racing game, each level offers nearly infinite opportunity to improve your score with every playthrough.
Players blast their way through 23 cunning levels as they face the minions of the Orb and detonate chain reactions to maximize their score. The object is to race to complete each level as quickly as possible to maximize the time bonus, all while collecting powerups, point multipliers and hidden secrets!
• Shoot Your Way to the Top: Blast everything you can in each level to score points, but to get to the top of the leaderboards, you’ll need to carefully plan your shots and keep those chains going
• RPG Elements: Earn XP as you play and use it wisely to upgrade your skills, like Barkskin and Absorption, and weapons, including Rocket Flies and Virus
• The Hard Hologram Device: A brand new never before seen game mechanic is introduced with this awesome tool. Use it to deploy shields to stop enemy shots or as floating platforms which give access to incredible heights making the game a vertical shooter.
• Powerups: Grab Speed Shot, Double/Triple Points, Double Damage, and Flight amongst other powerups to give yourself a boost at just the right time to get max points
• Keep the point chain alive: Keep shooting Scab plants to keep the meter full and maintain your point multiplier. Complete a level in a single chain for the PERFECT CHAIN bonus!
• Your weapon is alive and has wings! The symbiotic Macroterra can be outfitted with 8 different modes of fire, it also has wings, which allow you to loft into the air to reach strategic locations and grab more points!