If anyone knows me, or listens to me on the podcast, you will know I am probably the number one Uncharted 2 fan. You have people who are fans of Final Fantasy, Rachet and Clank, or even Halo. But for me, there is no game that lived up to the hype as much as Naughty Dog’s latest creation.
Announced today on the PS Blog, the team has decided to not only give you an updated game, but include $35 worth of downloadable content into the new edition. There is a reason that this game should have this version. But, don’t just take our word for it:
Yeah, looks like they are about to run out of space soon, as they are still being nominated, nearly a year after the official release. I am sure you are wondering what is actually included, right? We got you covered:
- PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
- UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
- UNCHARTED 2 Siege Expansion Pack
- Currency Multiplier which grants Double XP up to level 10 in Multiplayer
- Golden Guns option for the AK-47 and the 92FS 9mm pistol for use in Multiplayer
- Early access to “Revenge” Booster – you still have to purchase it with in-game cash!
- UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4)
- UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins
- UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 1
- UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 2
- UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 3
- UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 4
- Pinball Heroes – UNCHARTED for the PSP
There is also an exlcusive interview with IGN’s own Greg Miller with Naughty Dog Multiplayer Designer Justin Richmond and Co-President Evan Wells.
“Whether it’s the next game or whatever, we want to know if [our ideas] are interesting or not,” Richmond told IGN. “We can play it internally all we want, but that’s still only 100 people.”
“Eventually we may be able to update the current playlist if we strike on something that has really resonated well with the community,” Wells added.
“Frankly, I was shocked that we did so well so early –that we managed to pull players away from very, very strong multiplayer titles that came out against us like Modern Warfare and stuff,” Richmond said. “I was ecstatic that people stuck with it.”
If you still not convinced about the game, see the trailer that started it all:
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dtzy2-UuFPJg img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/tzy2-UuFPJg/0.jpg embed=false share=false width=450 height=253 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false gapro=UA-17303071-1 /]
Hanging on for more? Check out the latest trailer:
Now check out the brand new cover for the newest edition:
You get the full game. Check. You get the full mutliplayer. Check. You get $35 worth of extra bonuses. Check. What does it take to get it? Just $49.99. Expect to grab your hands on Uncharted 2 Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition October 12, exclusively for the Playstation 3.