SteelSeries, one of the top manufacturers of gaming peripherals are setting themselves apart from the competition with the announcement of the Siberia Elite gaming headset. Information about the Siberia Elite is limited to what SteelSeries has released. However from looking at the information around the web that I’ve conveniently listed below. This may very well be the best headset they have to offer to date. Only time will tell though, but from their track record I’m almost certain this headset will force other companies in the business of making gaming peripherals to step their game up.
Superior Sound with Dolby Technology
SteelSeries‘ next-generation drivers are engineered with learning from over 10 years of delivering premium audio specifically designed for gamers. Equipped with an advanced USB soundcard, the SteelSeries Siberia Elite provides players with a suite of Dolby technologies that generate realistic surround sounding audio that immerses users into their gaming and entertainment sound. These technologies include:
- Dolby Headphone converts multichannel sound from movies and games and delivers up to 7.1-channel surround sound in your headset.
- Dolby Prologic IIx provides upgrades your audio into a surround sound experience; this technology converts a simple stereo signal into a rich, surround sound experience as well as converts a true 5.1 signal into a full 7.1 surround.
Available in both white and black, the Siberia Elite Headset includes memory-foam, passive-noise isolating leather ear cushions that rest comfortably around the ears. Its lightweight over-the-head suspension design also has a memory-foam padded headband with a sandblasted steel arc that automatically adjusts to fit the head. The new headset also features illuminated light rings on each earcup that can be customized and controlled to show 16.8 million brilliant colors in a variety of pulsating options. The earcups, in addition to illuminating and housing the speakers, also feature intuitive dials to quickly adjust volume and mute the microphone; furthermore, a light on the microphone provides visual indication when your mic is muted.
Though designed from our heritage in PC gaming, the Siberia Elite is an incredibly versatile device that delivers great audio in all formats. The swappable cable system provides limitless connectivity for PC, Mac, tablet and phones. More features include:
- The Sound Share port on the right earcup enables another player or viewer listen in.
- A flat, rubber cord that remains tangle-free.
In order to support all the new features found on the Siberia Elite Headset, SteelSeries is simultaneously announcing SteelSeries Engine 3. This enhanced software suite, built from the ground up, brings Siberia Elite users an entirely new roster of headset personalization in an intuitive and easy-to-navigate interface. The visual customization features found in SteelSeries Engine 3 include:
- Audio settings that allow you to create unlimited game-specific audio profiles, equalizer presets for different gaming genres, entertainment and more as well as 10-band equalizer settings.
- Microphone settings that allow users to choose:
Active Noise-Cancelling microphone – picking up only the users voice and not what is happening around them.
Auto Mic Compression – which automatically reduce the volume of your voice when it’s too loud and increase the volume when it’s too quiet.
Mic Feedback – takes your voice and feeds it through the speakers in your headset (off, low, medium, high) and the ability to visually preview mic levels and settings.
- Illumination settings that include choosing from 16.8 million colors and its pulsation from steady On/Off, breathing effects (Slow, Medium, Fast), trigger mode which pulsates to the sounds in the game as well as ColorShift which continuously radiates and rolls through a series of preset colors.
The SteelSeriesSiberia Elite is $199.99 MSRP and will be available for pre-order starting in September 2013. For more details about the new headset, please visit http://SteelSeries.com/siberiaelite.