Today you can ring in the New Year with big savings on the two most recent games in The Elder Scrolls series.
The last sale of Microsoft‘s Countdown to 2013 features parts four and five of Bethesda‘s open-world RPG series, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, both on sale, as well as their downloadable content. The sale is exclusive to the Xbox Live Marketplace, and includes:
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – $29.99
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard – 800 MP
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire – 200 MP
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion – $9.99
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles – 600 MP
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine – 200 MP
Since it’s Microsoft’s sale, obviously the deals are exclusive to Xbox 360 users, which makes sense, since the PlayStation 3 has had some difficulties with getting Skyrim DLC in the first place. It looks like that may be soon coming to an end, though, as Bethesda says PS3 users will see the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim sometime this year.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year edition runs about $20 right now and includes all of the DLC, while Skyrim costs around $55 or so with no DLC included; so this sale is great for saving a few bucks as well as getting strictly digital versions of the games.