If you played the first Risen game you would recall it being a single player fantasy game on a Mediterranean island called Faranga. Inhabited by humans and other mythical and exotic creatures you venture through the island against the inquisition placed on the island. Piranha bytes , a German company has created the sequel to Risen called Risen 2: Dark Waters. A single player pirate rpg. Yeah… Pirates. That should make you already interested in the game.
Risen 2 will involve you helping “Patty” the daughter of the pirate Captain Steelbeard a character in Risen which you would recognize from side quests. The official website for Risen 2: Dark Waters launched today. So if you feel like roaming the internet to see what is going there, be warned, pirate debauchery and shenanigans do occur.
Some interesting features about Risen 2 have caught our attention:
- Launching parrots at people and creatures to annoy them. Win.
- Coconuts can also be thrown at your expense. Win.
- Behavior of the main character occurs and gets you into some deep doo-doo. See trailer. Not so win.
- NPC companions that will keep your very entertained. Win.
- Fire arms, dirty tricks and a magic style that is appropriate to the situation you are in. Win.
- Everything you do affects your character. So behave yourself.
The trailer was released as well for Risen 2: Dark Water. Watch it below.
Viewer Discretion is advised.
ESRB information: This video/trailer may only be displayed if it is behind an age-gate that: (1) is age-neutral (i.e., requires the user to input their date of birth or select it from a drop-down bar); (2) employs reasonable technical measures to keep underage users from re-entering their age after initially being denied access; and (3) does not display any ESRB rating information on the trailer player or the age-gate itself. Failure to implement these requirements may jeopardize your ability to obtain material of this nature from us in the future.
Risen 2: Dark Waters release date for its release on the Xbox 360, Ps3, and PC is still TBA. Stay tuned to The Game Fanatics for more updates and news about this game.