Last night, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception multiplayer received quite the update last night when Patch 1.15 deployed, improving gameplay mechanics, balance issues, tournament features, and of course, providing players with more taunts to show off during matches. Check out the full list of changes/improvements via the Naughty Dog Blog below:
- Players will be appropriately matched according to Legacy level in matchmaking.
- Team balancing will now take into account players’ Legacy level.
- New gun skins for Tournament tier rewards will roll out over the next several months. The new guns skins this month are the Fireball M9, Dragon Sniper and FAL-SS.
- New Shade custom pieces for silver and bronze tier. The new pieces are the Shade Gas Mask, Shade Belling Mask, Shade Headphones, Shade Dark Vest and Shade Biker Jacket.
- Treasure drops can sometimes be tournament tickets
- Progress towards permanent tournament prizes now appears inside of tier screen menu
- There is a new leader board for single tournament scores
- Players can see all Players’ Tournament Tier in the scoreboard during a match. This will happen only if the player is ranked in the Tournament
- Spending a tournament ticket increases your treasure drop chances for that match. This also makes rare treasures more likely to drop.
- Players will now receive a small amount of points based on their kills and deaths for losing during a tournament game.
- Tournament formula change:
Points = [1000 + (100*kills) + (25*assists) – (80*deaths)] * [1.2-(party size*0.2)]
Minimum = 200, Max = 6000
Points = Points = [100 + (10*kills) + (2.5*assists) – (8*deaths)] * [1.2-(party size*0.2)]
Minimum = 100, Max = 500
- Classic Mode to replace Hardcore Mode
- Classic Mode details:Treasure drops over time so after extended play you will be guaranteed a treasure drop on your next kill
- Boosters on
- Kickbacks off
- Throwback grenades off
- Buddy spawning off
- No load out weapons so every player starts with an AK and Para 9
- Lots of placed weapons on the map
- A treasure will appear in every drop and “Just Cash” is now “Plus Cash” and will never drop by itself anymore
- Revenge grenades will no longer kill teammates
- Toggle in the customization menu to turn on or off the bonuses on your head gear
- 11 new taunts for sale
- Extras section in the main menu for watching trailers and purchasing other UNCHARTED games
- Block mesh lab maps can now be viewed in Cinema
- Increase Elimination only treasure drop rate. The affected treasures sets are: Sage Deity, Affluent Relics, Deadly Ensemble.
It seems as though Naughty Dog has plans to continue improving the multiplayer and working towards making it enjoyable for everyone. With the Block Mesh Maps keeping things fresh, and new DLC available every week, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is sure to stay in your PS3 (until The Last of Us of course)! Stay in the loop with Naughty Dog via Twitter, Facebook, and their official Website, and check back with us for all updates including Uncharted and The Last of Us!