Kalypso Media and Haemimont Games announced today that they will be releasing a simulation strategy game centered around organized crime in Atlantic City in the 1920’s. Omerta – City of Gangsters is set to be released later this year for PC and combines strategy, turn-based combat and simulation elements as you rise through the ranks of your own criminal empire.
According to the official press release, key features include:
- Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
- Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
- Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
- 15 unique player controlled characters each with a unique personalities and backgrounds
- An RPG system for development of player characters and managing their gear
- Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent multiplayer gang
- 15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
- 20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City
Players manage their business and henchman in real time and can send them out on a variety of missions that include assassinating an informant, raiding a warehouse, springing a friend from prison, robbing a bank, or attacking a rival gang’s hideout. The local police can also be bribed to look the other way as your influence spreads over the city.
Omerta – City of Gangsters is being developed by Haemimont Games and published by Kalypso Media. The game is on track for a fourth quarter release later this year on PC. For more info on the other titles available from Kalypso, check out their official site.