Deep Silver has officially announced DLC for Metro: Last Light. Faction Pack will be the first downloadable content released for the critically acclaimed sequel to Metro 2033. Faction Pack is set to release this July 17th on Steam, Xbox Live, and PlayStation Network.
Faction Pack will include three new single player missions that bring Metro: Last Light players back to three different locations from Metro 2033. These missions will include brand new weapons, the return of a terrifying mutated foe, and three new gameplay challenges.
The new gameplay challenges are:
- Playing as a Special Detachment Sniper of the Redline where players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost during the night, under cover of a deadly radioactive storm.
- Players will also defend the Reich Outpost Frontline with a Reich Heavy which uses some of the games most devastating weaponry.
- Finally, players will also play as a Polis Ranger in training, assigned to explore the library complex of vast relics and artifacts. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits which allow you to explore deeper into the library. Adding more challenge to the role of the Polis Ranger, they must leave behind a trail of torches so they can find their way back before oxygen runs out.
Along with the announcement of Faction Pack, Deep Silver also announced future DLC packs coming out for Metro: Last Light
- The Tower Pack presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers – a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower.
- The Developer Pack boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum… And a bonus solo mission – The Spiders’ Nest – offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants.
- Lastly the Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game’s standout characters – Pavel, Khan and Anna – and explore their side-stories away from Artyom’s adventure.
For more news on Metro: Last Light check out Facebook.com/MetroVideoGame or follow us on Twitter @MetroVideoGame.