Straight from GameInformer, here are the latest details about Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:
* The map is 3D, but you can’t make notes on it
* Some dragons are friendly, at least to the point of holding conversations with the player
* Some level of economic simulation is in, with the prices of goods reflecting the state of the world
* Blowing wind will whip up the surface of bodies of water
* Lockpicking: still a minigame
* In addition to the five major cities, there will be eight or nine smaller settlements to visit
* You can buy houses again
* Children will appear in some form in-game
The information comes originally from a German PC gaming magazine that in turn was posted on the Bethesda message board, which has been confirmed by Bethesda.
Skyrim drops in November of this year for the PC, Ps3 and XB360.