After anxiously awaiting any sort of update or announcement, it’s finally been confirmed by Naughty Dog that The Last of Us is coming to the PS4 this summer, in a fully remastered fashion, coining it the title The Last of Us Remastered.
Bringing The Last of Us to the PS4 allows Naughty Dog to enhance every visual aspect of the game including higher resolution character models, improved lighting, shadowing, textures, and other enhancements that will fully show off the power of your PlayStation 4 console. The Last of Us Remastered will also include director’s commentary for cinematic features in-game with commentary from Creative Director Neil Druckmann, Troy Baker (Joel), and Ashley Johnson (Ellie).
Since the launch of The Last of Us (PS3) Naughty Dog has released 2 DLC packs with a third on the way. These will also be included in The Last of Us Remastered:
- Left Behind single player expansion
- Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
- Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included
You can pre-order The Last of Us Remastered from local retailers like GameStop, as well as the PlayStation Store! Check out the exclusive pre-order bonuses below:
*Local retailer pre-order bonuses:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
*PlayStation Store pre-order bonuses:
- Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
- Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
- Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode
Be sure to reserve your copy of The Last of Us Remastered today!