HTC will be taking their new wearable headset co-created with Valve, the HTC Vive, on a World Tour through a series of gaming conventions and events.
HTC announced earlier this year that they would be competing with the Oculus Rift with their own headset, the HTC Vive, which was created in conjunction with Valve. The HTC Vive currently has a potential release date of November 2015 so they have decided to kick the PR schedule up a notch and showcase the amazing new technology around the world.
The HTC Vive was first unveiled in the Mobile World Congress on March 1st and has captured the attention of many people already. Now, it will be going to a variety of gaming conventions and events in its new World Tour that will last from July 9th to November 1st. People will be able to try the HTC Vive for free at a variety of cities including Louisville, Chicago, San Francisco, Cologne, Seattle, Berlin, and Paris.
For anyone in the area, this is a great opportunity to try out what may be the fiercest competitor to the Oculus Rift in this new race for Virtual Reality Technology domination. The dates and locations are the following:
- July 9-12, Island St & 6th Ave, San Diego, CA, USA
- July 17-19, Forecastle Festival [Invite Only], Louisville, KY, USA
- July 21-23, Navy Pier, Chicago, IL, USA
- July 25-28, TBD, Kansas City, KS, USA
- August 2-8, The International, Seattle, WA, USA
- August 5-9, Gamescom, Cologne, Germany
- August 13-16, TBD, San Francisco, CA, USA
- August 20-23, TBD, Portland, OR, USA
- August 28-31, PAX Prime, Seattle, WA, USA
- September 4-9, IFA, Berlin, Germany
- October 28-November 1, Paris Games Week, Paris, France