It’s no mystery that Grand Theft Auto V shattered sales on its first day, and that it was critically acclaimed, but it also managed to break 7 Guinness World Records since its release on September 17.Grand Theft Auto V has managed to break the following Guinness World Records according to the records:
- Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours
- Best-Selling video game in 24 hours
- Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion (it only took Grand Theft Auto V three days to pull this off)
- Fastest video game to gross $1 billion
- Highest grossing video game in 24 hours
- Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
- Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game.
The accolades are even more impressive given the fact that Grand Theft Auto V has only been available for Xbox 360 and PS3. It’s not farfetched to believe that the game would have made more money if it were to be released on PC as well, but interestingly enough Rockstar has decided to skip the release on PC, at least for now. There is no word on when and if Rockstar will release Grand Theft Auto V on PC or even on the next generation consoles, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. However, for now the Grand Theft Auto V sales are extremely impressive nonetheless.