Earlier this week during PlayStation‘s press conference at Gamescom 2013, Gaijin Entertainment announced the release of their military MMO entitled War Thunder, as a launch title for the PS4 coming later this year. For Gamescom goers, the PS4 version of War Thunder is available to play at the War Thunder booth found in Hall 7, C10. Check out the official Gamescom 2013 reveal trailer below:
In War Thunder, you and a group of friends will become immersed in an online universe centered around World War II. You’ll control planes, military vehicles, and fleets that can be upgraded and improved with each mission. In this next generation MMO, you will take part in all of World War II’s military battles, fighting with and against people all over the world.
War Thunder features include:
- Varied PvP-experiences set in full-scale combat missions
- Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together
- Rich PvE content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay
- Impressive diversity includes detailed models of planes and their cockpits, as well as tanks and ships
- Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects, and beautiful music
Currently, War Thunder is in open beta for PC and on it’s way to Mac OS. You can check out War Thunder on Steam here, and download for free! For all information on War Thunder, check out the official website here!