With Destiny’s launch just over a month away it’s easy to feel the anticipation for the next big franchise from Bungie. Some, like Flickr’s Jacob Cughfield, have tried their best to cope with the remaining days until we set foot on post-apocalyptic Earth’s desolate surface.
Jacob used Rainmeter, a desktop customization and monitoring tool, to bring Destiny to his desktop. Utilizing multiple skins, wallpaper and a handpicked font Jacob was able to temporarily satisfy his thirst for what could potentially be one of the best games of the year. The best news, though, is that Jacob has shared what he used in order to allow others to recreate his masterpiece.
If you want to have the amazing desktop above, you’ll need the following items:
- This wallpaper, found on DeviantArt
- The Rainmeter desktop customization and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Elementary skin for use with the date, time and media control
- The Launcher skin for the text-based menu on the left
- The Julius Sans One font to really sell that Destiny vibe
So what do you think of Jacob’s work? Sound off in the comments below and let us know if you would do anything differently to make it your own.