Today at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, a new trailer for Warner Bros. Games Montreal’s upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins was revealed. With this trailer we get a look at the fifth assassin looking to cash in on the Black Mask’s bounty on the Dark Knight’s head. That villain is none other than Firefly. He joins the already impressive cast of villains like Black Mask, Joker, Copperhead, Penguin, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Bane and Anarky.
Who is Firefly, you ask? He started out as a visual effects specialist that faked a fire while robbing a theater, only to be thwarted by Batman and Robin. After being caught, Garfield Lynns‘ pyrotechnics hobby becomes an obsession, and he turns to Killer Moth as his mentor. A two-bit criminal that has made a number of appearances in the DC universe, Firefly gets his shot at the big time in Batman: Arkham Origins, as one of the villains looking to strike it rich and make a name for himself by taking down the Bat.
Batman: Arkham Origins will have a new story that takes place early in the caped crusader’s career, as well as boasting an impressive new multiplayer system. Those that pre-ordered the game will also have access to new challenge maps and the Deathstroke skin. Depending on which retailer you pre-order from you will get any number of special skins for use in the game.
Those that throw down cash on the collector’s edition will get all kind of sweet loot, including an awesome Joker statue.
The Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition will include the following extensive bonus content:
· Exclusive Arkham Origins highly detailed premium statue featuring LED effects produced by TriForce
· Height: 9″
· Depth: 11.5″
· Width: 13″
· 80-page, full-color hardcover art book measuring approx. 7.5” x 10.75” x .5”
· 2 key pieces of evidence taken directly from the Gotham City Police Department crime lab
· Batman Wanted Poster
· Batwing Prototype Schematic
· Anarky logo stencil
· Glow-In-The-Dark map of Gotham City
· Wayne Family Photo
· Assassin’s Intel Dossier, including files on the 8 assassins, as well as Black Mask’s contract
· 1st Appearance Batman Skin: Look just like Batman did during his first appearance in Detective Comics #27, released in 1939.
· Deathstroke Challenge Pack – Unlock the ability to play as one of the world’s deadliest assassins! Usable throughout all the Arkham Origins Challenge maps. Also includes two bonus challenge maps and two bonus Deathstroke Skins.
· Bonus (not available in Australia / New Zealand): Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics– This new feature-length documentary from Warner Bros Home Entertainment focuses on DC Comics’ most terrifying villains. Legendary actor Christopher Lee narrates the film.
· The PS3 edition will also include the Knightfall pack as an exclusive piece of content
Batman: Arkham Origins is setting up to be as epic and awesome as the first two were.