Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is a side-scrolling puzzle platformer about an ornery mutant blob that, after being held captive in a lab that can only be described as something out of a retro sci-fi movie from the early ’50’s, escapes into the world and sets out on a path to destroy and consume everything! A follow-up to last year’s PlayStation Network title Tales from Space: About a Blob, Mutant Blobs Attack will contain a wide range of exciting new features and gameplay modes designed exclusively for the PlayStationVita handheld entertainment system.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack will feature new levels, new powers, new PlayStationVita controls, new gameplay modes, new puzzle solving elements, a new (faster) blob player character, and more.
- Play as an all-consuming mutant blob as you explore (and devour) your way through more than two dozen interactive levels.
- A wide range of environments: everything from a frat house to a metropolis
- Next generation touch controls (touchscreen and rear touch pad) combined with those of a classic platformer for a fresh take on the platforming genre
- “Tilt-a-Blob” bonus levels featuring gyroscopic controls reward players’ performance and add to the replayability
- Growth throughout levels provide players with a constantly changing perspective on the in-game world
- Challenging puzzles mixed into the action and mayhem
- Competitive, collection-based leaderboards, support for special in-game achievements and Trophies
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is scheduled for a Q1 2012 release in North America and supported European territories.