Today has been the start of the two-day Call of Duty XP Event in Los Angeles, CA. The first ever “Call of Duty” experience is expected to have thousands of attendees and viewers online. Attendees will get first look at the upcoming game Modern Warfare 3 with a $1 million tournament presented by Xbox 360 Underway. That’s not all! Concerts, celebrity cameos, paintball, dine at Burger Town and much more!
Below is some of the information from the press releases sent to us from Activision:
“Immediately following the presentation, attendees were turned loose on the show floor for two full days of gaming, multiplayer challenges and one-of-a-kind real-world experiences, all inspired by the signature action and intensity that has made Call of Duty one of the most lauded and successful entertainment franchises ever. The centerpiece of competition is the Call of Duty $1 Million Tournament Presented by Xbox 360®, a massive 32-team, single-elimination battle royale that pits the world’s premiere Call of Duty gamers against each other for a share of the record $1 million prize purse. The top eight teams will be in the money-the winning squad will pocket $400,000 after the grand finale Saturday night. Call of Duty fans around the globe began qualifying weeks ago on the record-setting Call of Duty®: Black Ops for the historic competition.
A colossal 12-acre compound in Playa Vista, California-where Howard Hughes famously built the Spruce Goose-has been completely transformed for XP’s inaugural edition. Onsite activities include:
- A once-in-a-lifetime chance to paintball firefight across a life-size replica of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2’s Scrapyard level.
- The opportunity to speed-run the infamous Modern Warfare® 2 The Pit training sequence, for real.
- A white-knuckle ride across a sprawling, obstacle-ridden challenge course in the Jeep Experience.
- A Call of Duty®: Black Ops military-style zip-line plunge across the compound.
- One-on-one battles in the raised Juggernaut Sumo ring.
- Rations for sale at Modern Warfare 2’s iconic Burgertown and Nate’s Grab N Go food joints.
- A tour of the Call of Duty armory and museum, featuring concept art, weapons and gear, and memorabilia from the entire franchise.
Also on tap are appearances by basketball greats Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Russell Westbrook and Kevin Love, supermodel Marisa Miller, Stacy Keibler and actor/comedian Nick Swardson. Attendees can sit in on developer panels hosted by Treyarch and Beachhead Studios, plus a special panel featuring actors from Call of Duty® Black Ops and the Modern Warfare® series. Each day will be capped by stellar live performances, including the critically-acclaimed Dropkick Murphys – known for their complex distillation of classic punk rock, Celtic folk and American rock ‘n roll – who will close the show’s first night. And coming off the release of his fifth #1 album, the global smash “Watch the Throne,” hip-hop icon Kanye West is set to close Call of Duty® XP on Saturday night.”
There are also many videos circulating the web from Call of Duty XP. This is the most popular one going around. Enjoy!