Are you an old school gamer like myself? Missing the good old days of challenging platformers? Or are you looking for something different? Capcom wants to make you relive (or experience for the first time) classic games featuring beloved Disney TV characters from the 80s and 90s with The Disney Afternoon Collection. The collection includes the following six classic games from Capcom’s heyday:
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers: This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2: Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!
- Darkwing Duck: Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.
- DuckTales: In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.
- DuckTales 2: The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls.
- TaleSpin: Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
All six games feature improved HD versions of the originals and a number of filtering options that replicate a classic retro look and feel. This bundle also includes Boss Rush and Time Attack modes for each game. Boss Rush mode lets players battle through challenging boss encounters consecutively, while Time Attack mode encourages time-based gameplay and provides online leaderboards that track the fastest times for each game.
Considering that these classic games can be quite a challenge to newcomers, Capcom added a new “Rewind” feature that makes these titles more accessible, with the option to rewind time and enjoy a swift recovery from blunders. Additionally, the in-game Disney Museum will provide history buffs with a wealth of content to celebrate the era of the original releases, such as concept art, advertisements, character art, and music.
The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available digitally for $19.99 starting on April 18th, 2017 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.