Join the Team!
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the movement! We are a team, a family, of gamers with a passion for creating entertaining and informative content. We eat, sleep, and breathe games and maybe you do too. Our site covers the whole spectrum of gaming, tech, and geek culture, so if you have a passion for all this madness, and are expressive with words and pictures (especially of the cute furry kitten variety), then here’s your chance to join us as we do our best to leave a mark on the gaming industry.
As our eSports Contributor, you will help keep the site updated with news and content related to competitive gaming. You’ll receive press passes and access to cover most major eSports events and competitions. This is a new position on The Game Fanatics, and it’s ripe for the perfect individual to fill this missing role on the site.
As our eSports Editor, you will lead one of the newest and most exciting areas of content on the site as you curate our coverage of competitive gaming news and features.
As one of our Features Contributors, you will be part of our Editorial team. Working together with our editors, you will be coming up with engaging feature stories, top 10 lists, and more.
⇒Tech & Gadget Contributor
As our Tech & Gadget Contributor, you’ll be covering tech news for the site, as well as reviews (review units will be provided) and features/editorials.
⇒Video Content Producer
As our Video Content Producer, you will be making video content for our YouTube channel. You will have the opportunity to learn video and content production from our current crew, including an award-winning broadcast producer.
We will be launching a streaming team, and we’re looking for early members to join the fray and help guide our streaming efforts.
⇒Community/Social Media Manager
As our Community Manager, you will be be in charge of engaging with our social and online community by creating contests and giveaways, sharing our content, and coming up with ways to better engage with our readers. You must have experience managing a variety of social media accounts and be willing to learn new things. You will gain experience backed with tangible results as you help grow our Social Media and online presence.
⇒Editor At Large
You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Editor in Chief and the Editorial team to guide and craft our web content.
Why you want to be a Fanatic:
- As a Game Fanatic you are joining a budding but established, business-registered news outlet. The possibilities are endless. We know we’re not the big dogs so you’ll find more freedom in writing for us; which is good…right?!
- Gain experience under a respected name. Every year we go to industry events and rub elbows with the movers and shakers in the tech and gaming world. You name ‘em, we’ve met ‘em, and it’s humbling to hear them praise our site. Being a part of The Game Fanatics means that you’ll have tangible experience that you can put on a resume while growing your personal career in the industry as we grow as well.
- Free games and gadgets! It’s the motherload! You do get to keep the games and items you review.
- Press credentials to industry events. The Game Fanatics qualifies for press access to all industry events, and when we’re in…you’re in.
- Awesome environment! Seriously…what environment is better than the comfort of your own home? We do not have an office of sorts, everyone writes remotely and convenes via Slack. Technology ftw. Pants suck.
- Other things we can’t tell you ;).
What we look for in Fanatics:
- Love video games and be knowledgeable of the industry. Duh.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team. We can’t stress how important daily communication and activity is. We are a team: we talk every day, game every day, and if that doesn’t appeal to you then please don’t bother applying.
- Be able to contribute at least 5 times per week. If you can’t find the time each week to write up something, then the readers will never get to know you and everybody will be sad.
- Have some sample writing. We love writers who already have work for us to read. If you have a personal blog this is even better.
- Send us samples of articles on par with those you would expect to contribute to the site. When you send in your email saying how great you are, include at least two samples of your work; one being a news piece, one being a longer opinion piece. This lets us see how well your style gels with ours.
- Have a personality, but don’t be annoying. It’s a fine balance.
We’re looking for anyone who wants to get started in the field of gaming journalism and gain some experience for a possible professional career, or simply a passionate gamer who enjoys writing and hopes their work will get more widespread (and believe us, you work will definitely spread across the interwebs).
The Game Fanatics is a family, and we’re only as good as the sum of our members.
If you are interested please use the form below to contact us,
Application to join The Game Fanatics