It’s Black Friday all over again at Walmart — well, almost. The mega-retailer recently announced its Christmas Countdown Savings Event, a 12-day sale that will drop the prices of electronics, video games, and more to Black Friday-like prices. The holiday shopping special will last through Christmas Eve and begins on Friday the 13th at 8am in stores.
Sunday is perhaps the biggest day for the gamer audience, with Walmart’s largest shipment of Playstation 4 console expected to arrive. Sony‘s fourth home console has already become the fastest selling console ever in the UK, with worldwide sales figures surpassing 2.1 million units, according to VGChartz.com.
Some of the other games and electronics highlights from the Christmas Countdown Savings Event include the following:
- Apple iPad® mini Wi-Fi 16GB (two colors) – $299 with a $50 Walmart gift card
- iPhone 5c ($27) and 5s ($127) – requires a two-year contract from AT&T or Verizon
- Select video games such as Call of Duty Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed Black Flag, Grand Theft Auto 5 and NBA 2K14 (for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3) – $39.96 ($20 savings) – also available on Walmart.com
- Monster headphones – $79.95 ($50 savings ) – also available on Walmart.com
- Vizio 70-inch LED Smart HDTV – $1,498 ($200 savings) – also available on Walmart.com
To check out more of the Christmas Countdown deals, including game console bundles, hit up Walmart.com.