Welcome to episode 11 of the game fanatics show, brought to you by the new Mac OS, Snoop Lion. As you can tell from the title, yes, we show the Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer trailer, and we go into our usual semi-sober analysis of the video. We are also joined by special guests, financial analysts Charlie King and Ronald Murphy who help shed some light on the financial states of some of the top video game companies. We also go over some of the more, non-financial video game related news, and close things out with a very interesting question.
Video Game News
- Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies on iPhone
- Dust off your playstation 3, MGS4 trophies!
- The biggest patch in Uncharted History just got released
- Gaymercon, Kickstarted
- Another interested kickstarter, Oculus VR Headset
- New screens from Quakecon for Doom 3: Big Farting Gun as well as Dishonored
- Linkin Park and EA in bed for Medal of Honor Warfighter
Now….for financial news we go live to Charlie King and Ronald Murphy at the Game Fanatics studio
- Sony lost 3.2 billion dollars, in other words, more money than most people will ever make or dream of making in their lives. Entire countries don’t even make that much. What the fuck.
- On the green side, Activision-Blizzard posted a net gain of 1.8 billion, despite the fact that entire guilds are quitting the game at an alarming rate.
- THQ also posted a net gain….by cutting their losses.
Remember to subscribe to our Blip channel where you can answer the questions we ask on the show or ask us questions of your own in the comment box. You can of course also follow us on Twitter, @thegamefanatics (Ryan: @RyCayari & Charles: @FanaticalG).
Watch the Game Fanatics Show: