MonkeyPaw Games Inc. , in partnership with GAIJINWORKS LLC, announced a partnership for a new Kickstarter campaign aiming to raise $500,000 to help one of many Japanese RPGs release their first hybrid digital/deluxe physical release. MonkeyPaw Games will be picking up Class of Heroes 2, which was created by the acclaimed Acquire Corp., for release in Europe and the US. MonkeyPaw Games’ plan is to use the funds they hope to acquire from the Kickstarter campaign to make improvements to the game as well as offer a limited edition, Deluxe Pack physical release for the PlayStation Portable that will only be available to Kickstarter supporters.
The campaign hopes to gain the support and pledges of J-RPG fans to be able to bring more J-RPG titles to the Western market in the future. Previously released games from MokeyPaw Games include tactical RPG Vanguard Bandits and BurgerTime World Tour. Both are available on the PSP for $9.99.
The bonus pledge tiers include:
- Custom gold-sealed letters acknowledging pledged J-RPG support from GAIJINWORKS’ president, Victor Ireland
- Class of Heroes 2 Deluxe Pack for PSP with bronze/silver/gold commemorative pins
- Class of Heroes 2 Limited Edition character plush toys
- Class of Heroes 2 Poster signed by the entire team
- Inclusion in the game’s credits and ability to choose credit placement level according to the pledge
- Class of Heroes 2 Limited Edition Pocket Watch.
- Grand Tier: All previous tiers and a 2-night stay in LA with one hosted day at E3 2012 and dinner with MonkeyPaw Games and GAIJINWORKS
- Two tiers allow a trip to Japan hosted by MonkeyPaw Games and GAIJINWORKS to meet the Japanese creators, and another that allows fans to be drawn as a character into the game that will ship.
For more information on the tiers and to make a pledge, visit : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1272149684/class-of-heroes-2-deluxe-for-the-psp-system