As previously hinted at, the largest DLC in Call of Duty history is now available for all players (Elite membership not required). This new pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 features two Special Ops missions, as well as four multiplayer maps. The maps and missions are as follows:
- Black Ice: This Special Ops mission plunges combatants deep into a frozen diamond mine via snowmobile in order to infiltrate a secret weapons plant and initiate the self-destruct sequence to take the facility offline for good.
- Negotiator: India is the backdrop for a Special Ops hostage extraction, where gamers must execute flawless breach-and-clears and negotiate a maze of surface streets to ensure the safety of rescued civilians.
- Liberation: Players take up positions in a militarized Central Park in the heart of NYC, a sprawling deathscape ripe for long-range sniper and LMG kills.
- Piazza: An idyllic seaside village, an Italian getaway gone rogue, where blind corners and a complex warren of branching pathways pose danger at every turn.
- Overwatch: A compact, sky-high battle arena set in a construction site atop a New York City office tower.
- Black Box: Players seek tactical advantage in multi-level hillside homes overlooking a downed Air Force One, as a luxe SoCal neighborhood turns into a warzone.
I know many gamers who have been eagerly waiting for this map pack. For fans of Modern Warfare 3, this is huge news. Expect to spend many hours in this new areas. This massive DLC is now available for 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99). An Elite membership is not required. This DLC will be available for other platforms in the future.