Ask.com today launched its flagship mobile application for the Google Android Platform, the only app to integrate Q&A-focused web search with timely answers from real people in a single, on-the-go experience. The availability of Ask.com on Android follows the launch of its popular Q&A app for iPhone, which recently passed one million downloads and is one of the top reference apps in the iPhone store. The Ask.com Android app is now available in the Android Marketplace and Amazon AppStore for Android.
Jason Rupp, senior director of product management at Ask.com had this to say.
“We have placed a big bet on mobile as part of our growth strategy, and it’s paying off with four times the answer rate as our site users, over the last three quarters there was triple digit growth in traffic from smartphones to the Ask.com mobile site, and 60 percent of that was Android. To win in mobile, you must win on Android.”
Ask.com on Android includes all of the functionality of its iPhone application, with some unique enhancements.
- Voice to text: Simply ask questions, no typing required.
- Web combined with real people: Get web results as well as top-voted
- published answers from other Ask.com users in milliseconds.
- Send a question to a real user: Want another opinion? Route the question
to a live person in the Ask.com Q&A community, or browse and respond to other users’ questions.
- Set it and forget it: Push notifications alert you to when a new answer
- Personalize Q&A by interest: New for Android users, the app allows you
to filter Q&A by topics that match your profile.
- Follow feature: Follow users who provide interesting answers, and
personalize your Q&A experience with content from these connections.