Sega has released the official product description for Captain America: Super Solider, which has released today. Among the details of the game are the story — an original tale set “in the darkest days of World War II” penned by “noted comic, film, and TV writer Christos Gage” — pits you against the forces of “the Red Skull and his army” from within the boots of the original super soldier.
You get to use Cap’s shield to knock out entire groups of enemies, and you’ll definitely need it as the forces of the Red Skull, including the Iron Cross, the forces of Hydra and other infamous foes. Expect free-flowing combat, puzzle-solving, wall climbing, acrobatic combat/platforming and even the legendary ability to deflect enemy attacks off of Cap’s shield as you take out the opposition.
Captain America: Super Soldier is out today for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and DS. A version for the 3DS will be released on an unspecified date. The full product description has been provided below:
Become Captain America™, the ultimate Super-Soldier, in the darkest days of World War II as you face the Red Skull and his army in this epic third-person action adventure. Wield Captain America’s legendary shield to take out multiple enemies at once, deflect incoming fire back at your enemies, solve puzzles, and scale walls. Above all, hurl yourself shield-first into the fray, with the superior force of the world’s first Super-Soldier at your fingertips. Engage in free-flowing combat and acrobatic platforming to infiltrate Hydra’s massive and mysterious castle complex and battle the infamous Iron Cross, the forces of Hydra, and a host of nefarious enemies serving the Red Skull in an all-new Captain America story and adventure.
Captain America: Super Soldier combines an acrobatic combat system with fluid platforming and a highly tuned suite of shield attacks including melee combos.
The completely original story for Captain America: Super Soldier is penned by noted comic, film, and TV writer Christos Gage. The primary writer for the Marvel’s Avengers: The Initiative series of comics, Gage has written numerous books for major Marvel characters, including Siege: Captain America, Iron Man, X-Men, Spider-Man, Civil War: House of M, and Union Jack.Key Features
- Become Captain America: Engage in combat against enemies bent on world domination during World War II. Use your abilities as the ultimate Super-Soldier to infiltrate Hydra’s Castle and annihilate the forces of evil.
- Use Captain America’s Shield: Your shield is your most powerful weapon and best defense. Use it to take out multiple enemies from a distance, block incoming attacks, destroy objects, solve puzzles, and reflect incoming fire back at enemies.
- Capture the Castle, Save the World: Infiltrate a huge castle complex that’s both an acrobatic playground for the Captain’s physical prowess and a house of mystery, with enemies and danger at every turn.
- Acrobatic Platforming: Extensive acrobatic abilities allow you to scale walls, climb ledges, and vault from poles to overcome environmental challenges. Master timing-based controls to execute advanced moves and discover multiple paths through missions.
- Free-Flowing Combat: Move freely through the castle battlefield with acrobatic precision as you take down multiple enemies with devastating combos. Take control of a turret or grab a soldier from behind and use his weapons against him. Execute punches, kicks, grabs, vaults, and shield throws to unleash the power of Captain America.
- Face Fearsome Foes: Face off against Captain America’s greatest villains, including the Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Baron Strucker, Madame Hydra, Iron Cross, and more.
- Original Storyline Set in the Movie Universe: Experience the stirring tales of Captain America’s world with an original story by noted Marvel scribe Christos Gage created specifically for the video games and set in the movie universe.
- Comic Book Legend: Created by the legendary team of Joe Simon and Jack Kirby in 1941, the iconic hero actually predates the Marvel name by 20 years, first being issued by the company’s predecessor, Timely Publications. Over 200 million Captain America issues have been sold in 75 countries, and the shield-wielding hero is a key member of the Avengers alongside comic book icons The Hulk™, Iron Man™, and Thor™ starting in The Avengers #4 in 1964.
- Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, 3DS
- Release date: July 19, 2011
- Genre: Third-Person Action Adventure
- Rating: Pending (Expect T on console, E10+ on DS)
- Website: www.captainamericagame.com